the titles of all the poems in “i will never be beautiful enough to make us beautiful together” by mira gonzalez
- mortal kombat
- ryan gosling
- symbolic interactionism
- secular humanist
- list of pornographic sub-genres
- you will roll around in an empty parking lot with him until you lose circulation in your limbs and forget your own name (everything is okay)
- the main purpose of the heart is to make heart sounds
- untitled 1
- untitled 2
- at 5:30 in the morning
- i can read a novel out loud while you lie on my floor with your head in my lap and we can feel happy because we are touching each other and i am using my voice and we don’t have to think about climate change or death
- mcsweeney’s caused global warming
- i just need you to know exactly what i want without me having to say anything
- self-defeating personality disorder
- i wrote a novel about you and saved it to my drafts folder
- semi-humorous paradox
- it is june and he wants to leave your room
- heartbroken people with extreme personality flaws
- untitled 3
- untitled 4
- i will never be beautiful enough to make us beautiful together
- palm trees are not native to los angeles
- untitled 5
- untitled 6
- untitled 7
- i will inevitable ruin our relationship
- in the space between our bodies
- 5 years old
- untitled 8
- when i die you can have my heart-shaped sunglasses
- induced-compliance paradigm
- infinite number of half-distances
- this friday i woke up at 2 pm
- here is what i ate today: coffee, curry vegetable thing from whole foods, plum
- 2 weeks ago i was looking for drugs at a party
- in public places you sit or stand quietly
- today my alarm went off at 12:30 pm
- today i drove to a house and took care of a baby
- i feel more lonely when i am with people than i do when i am alone looking at the internet
- it is 10 am and i am drinking coffee out of a jar
- i am going to stop eating
- what i think about when i think about the zombie apocalypse
- i wish that you would yell at me and i would yell back and we would both remember that we once had a relationship worth yelling about
Thurs, Oct 23 – St. Paul, MN – The Turf Club (in the basement, AKA The Clown Lounge), 5-7 pm
Friday, Oct 24 – Northwestern, University Hall 102, 6 pm
Saturday, Oct 25 – Indianapolis, IN – General Public Collective, 7 pm, w/ Jordan Castro, Scott McClanahan, Juliet Escoria
Sunday, Oct 26 – Champaign, IL – Exile on Main Street, 4:30 pm, BYOB
Monday, Oct 27 – Ann Arbor, MI – Literati Bookstore, 7pm
Tuesday, Oct 28 – OBERLIN College, Cat in the Cream, http://www.oberlin.edu/bowling/cat.html, 7:30 pm w/ Jessica Tolbert
Wed, Oct 29 - Toronto – Type Books, 7 pm
Thurs, Oct 30th – Montreal – Drawn&Quarterly Bookstore, 7 pm
Joke Book by Victor ‘KOOL A.D.’ Vazquez is available in its entirety, for free, on Medium today. I forgot how amazing it is. Here are some parts from it.
i tried to review ‘i will never be beautiful enough to make us beautiful together’ on amazon, but it didn’t work for some reason so here is my review
i am reviewing this because i was ‘vaguely encouraged’ to do so via my twitter feed.
i bought this book and i think my sister also bought this book so overall my family bought two copies of this book, which seems like a lot.
i like the poems in this book. “starving to death during sex is something i would like to do this week” is a line from one of the poems that i like a lot and relate to, i think. i think that poem is in this book, i’m not sure because i don’t have the book with me right now.
it seems harder to write about poetry than to write poetry.
there are a bunch of references to drugs in this book, but there are also poems that aren’t about drugs, so there is some nice variety. the general mood of the poems is ‘sad’ or ‘fucked’ which is something i usually like in poems.
it is probably worth reading this book just to be ‘in the know’ and ‘hip’.
one time i was doing drugs and i needed a surface to do them off of and i was going to use this book but i used megan boyle’s book instead. i do not think this effected the drug experience.
one time i tweeted “i will never be together enough to make us, together, beautiful” which i thought was clever. it got no favorites or retweets.
two early logo mockups, i forget who did them